While hiring Towing Alameda services, people forget that the most important part of this process is being on the road with the caravan behind the vehicle. Certain special driving tips are necessary when a caravan is being towed. Many people are so scared and confused about towing that they don’t buy a caravan for that reason. It doesn’t have to be like this. Sometimes, local caravan dealers let sellers take a caravan on road if there are good chances of making a sale. The following are some things to do on the road when a caravan is being pulled by a vehicle –
• Speed Limits Change – When a caravan is being pulled behind a vehicle, the normal speed limits won’t apply; lower speed limits would be taken into account. Thus, in case of single carriageways, the speed of 50mph should not be exceeded and double carriageways, the speed should not be more than 60mph.
• Motorway More Than 3 Lanes – The pulled caravan should not be driven on the outside lane or the lane located on extreme right when the vehicle is being driven on a motorway with 3 or more lanes.
• Extension Mirrors – It is common for people to use extension mirrors while pulling a caravan because it allows a wider angle of view. The unit’s rear must always be easily viewable. However, when the job is done, the extension mirrors should be taken out because it is not legal to use them in normal circumstances.
• No Passengers – The caravan should not have any passengers when it is being towed as this is illegal.
• Parking – Parking must be done in such a way that obstruction is not caused to other vehicles.
• Traffic – In case of traffic, the vehicle and caravan should pull over and let the traffic pass before moving on.
These tips would help in the safe transportation of the caravan.